A new type of energy company providing clean and smart energy for everybody
We are Diamond Generating Europe (DGE) Limited – a dynamic, forward-thinking company with ambitious plans for growth in the power generation and power downstream sectors.
We operate a tailored portfolio of renewable and energy-efficient assets in Europe and the Middle East and are developing projects in Africa.
Our mission is to produce, supply and deliver efficient, flexible and affordable energy to customers across our region.
- DGE was established in September 2012 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) (mitsubishicorp.com), one of the largest Japanese trading and investment firms. Over the last five years, MC has been at the forefront of investing in renewable energy technology in Europe.
- DGE’s power generation projects include a 370MW off-shore wind farm in Belgium, two off-shore wind farms (680MW and 129MW) in the Netherlands, onshore windfarms in France, solar assets in Portugal, France, Spain and Jordan and a multi-fuel-fired power plant in Jordan.
- We are currently constructing a state-of-the-art energy efficient Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) power and desalination plant with a capability of 2.5GW and 136.5MIGD in Qatar. Our first African project, in Kenya, is now also under way.
- In late 2016, we made our first investment in the power downstream sector, acquiring 60% of Irish electricity trading and services business ElectroRoute (electroroute.com).
- DGE currently has a power generation capacity of 5GW (gross) and 1GW (net share portion) under operation/construction.
Some of our projects
France | Solar
Benelux (offshore wind)
The Netherlands | Offshore wind
Portugal | Solar PV tracking
Jordan | Thermal HFO/Diesel/Gas
Qatar (thermal and water)
Qatar | Thermal Gas IWPP
Jordan | Solar PV tracking project